Cropped from meeting minuites and online discussion, the following is a list of activities that WSIC is considering persuing, and discussion of those actions.
More information is generally needed about the campus climate, to identify roadblocks and potential allies, and determine the state of the open education at UW.
- What sort of questions do we want to ask?
- A stock list, or a free style interview?
- Who do we ask them too?
- Profs, Department Heads, Deans, Office for Students with Disabilities, Feds education VP?
- What do we want to know from them?
- Profs: Knowledge of open education? Any option to make their published work 'open'-ish? How much control do they have over their course wear?
- Department Heads/Deans: How able are they to influence profs in their charge in regards to things like publishing standards, course wear openess?
- Office for Students with Disabbilities: How do they currently handle accesibility issues, are they aware of how open standards allow for more accesibility?
- Feds: Internal/education: Do they want to be involved? What can they do? The usefullness of open education to the student body?